Thursday, February 02, 2006

Back in Hyderabad

Well, I made it! I was surprised when I arrived to see that the Hyderabad airport had been remodeled a bit. The changes they had made were wonderful!! Last time I was here it took almost 2 hours to get my bags. This time it took less than 30 minutes to go from airplane seat to car seat and on my way to the hotel. Makes a difference after you've been flying for over 24 hours. The weather here is about as far from Boston as you can get. 90+F every day. The food is about as far from America as you can get as well. I'm trying to diet - this means cutting carbs and let me tell you, that's a real challenge in India. Rice is served (and I mean SERVED) with every meal. I've been good for the most part ... the exception being last night when I buckled and ordered the chicken fingers. They're just so good, yet so bad for me. I paid my pentence and did 15km on the exercise bike this morning. Then I had a breakfast that was almost 100% protein. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain my discipline tonight when it's dinner time.

No comments: