Thursday, May 12, 2005

Poker at the MGM Grand

The recently reopened poker room at the MGM Grand is fantastic. Comfy seats, friendly dealers, prompt wait staff ... what more can you ask for? Oh yeah, plenty of fish!!! I sat at the $2-$4 Limit Hold `Em table from 10p-2a and throughly enjoyed myself. I was in seat 6, and all through the night I had the rocks to my left and the maniacs on my right. I couldn't ask for more. The texture of the game was consistenly passive/loose, and I found myself up as much as $200 during my session. The last 45 minutes I tried to push it and I only walked away only $80 up, but I had a great time and ended up with cabfare to my hotel and more. One of the guys I met at the MEDC attendee party was a big poker fan and he accompanied me over to the room, but we ended up on separate tables. Around midnight he came over and told me all he was getting was cold cards, but I couldn't say the same ... the very first hand I was dealt was AA. Caught another A on the flop, and that set the tone for the rest of the session. I just may have to go back there tonight for some more.

No comments: